Air Canada Jazz – Customer Service Agent, YCG Castlegar
Purpose: Providing exceptional customer service, our agents greet and serve passengers at airport counters and gates.
- Using an airline computerized system:
- Make reservations and assessing fares;
- Ticketing and complete daily sales reports;
- Passenger check-in;
- Check, weigh the baggage, calculate any excess baggage charges and process payment.
- Make general passenger announcements.
- Liaise with external and internal customers. i.e. ramp agent, flight crew, dispatch, etc.
- Provide outstanding customer service answering general inquiries at the airport.
- Assist passengers requiring special handling.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Departure Gate customer service and boarding as well as providing assistance to passengers to and from aircraft.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Must be flexible to work varied shifts depending on departure and arrival schedules
Depending on the base, other duties may include:
- Cargo Processing
- Handle missing baggage and damaged baggage claims.
- Jet-way operation
- Conduct radio communications with aircraft and record flight information.
Hours per Week: 0-40hrs
Payrate: Hourly Rate
Job Qualifications: Customer service experience. Computer experience required, including the ability to type and navigate the internet. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Demonstrated judgment and problem-solving ability and effective decision-making skills. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to work and handle tight deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks. Must successfully complete the Customer Service Agent Initial training course in accordance with Company Standards. Must obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification ID pass (to be obtained upon employment). English language required. Assets, but not required: Previous airline experience or post-secondary courses in travel and tourism are definite assets. Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations an asset.
Location Other: Castlegar / Nelson / Rossland / Trail
How to Apply
Jazz offers excellent health and dental coverage, employee company-ownership programs, and many other benefits. Travel benefits are effective from first day of employment. If you are interested in a customer-driven environment and would like to be part of a dedicated team of professionals, please apply to www.flyjazz.ca/careers (Job Code: YCG-2011-523-004118) Thank you in advance to those who apply. Only candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.